The Handle is Invalid: One of the well-known problems which usually takes place in windows 10 is an error message which says that “The handle is invalid” and this error mostly takes place when you logged into the user account in Windows 10 after booting it. In some of the cases, this problem mostly takes place after a change in software which mostly happens due to updation of windows which don’t get installed properly.
Also, this problem is so much popular for being brought by faulty windows updates which usually create this problem even when they installed correctly.
The Handle is Invalid Error When Logging Into Windows 10: How to Fix
Also, the handle is invalid error shows that the affected users are not able to access their user account and their computer as well and this is one of the critical problems. But thanks to some of the useful methods by which you can easily solve these issues and we are going to tell you some of the best and effective methods by which you can easily solve this error in a very quick manner.
Also Read: 0x89231906
Solution 1: Perform Startup Repair on Your Computer
Startup Repair is one of the functions which you can easily access without making a login into your windows and also you can use this method to fix all these kinds of issues which also include the windows updates which were not installed properly or also the windows updates which was creating problems. To complete the startup repair process, you need to follow the below-given steps.
- First of all, on the login screen of your windows 10, you need to click on the Power button which appears at the right corner of the bottom,
- Then, hold the shift button and click on the Restart option.
- After this, your computer boots up and then it will show you a screen along with three options where you need to click on the troubleshoot option.
- Now, make a click on the Advanced Options.
- In the menu of advanced options, you need to click on the option of Startup Repair.
- Now, simply select your target OS on the display.
- After this, on the next screen, you will see that the Startup Repair will start diagnosing and stat fixing the issue. When it gets completed then your computer will boot up. Now, you just need to simply try to make a login into your account to see that the problem gets fixed or not.
- If the Startup Repair doesn’t fix the issue then you can also try the option of System Restore.
Solution 2: Boot into Safe Mode and Uninstall the Update that Caused the Issue
There are multiples of users who get affected by this problem and fix the handle invalid issue by just booting up their system into safe mode. At this point, they are required to install the updates which were creating the issue and try to fix them together. To follow this solution, you are required to read it properly.
- First of all, you need to click on the Power button which appears at the bottom right side of the login screen and then simply hold the shift button and make a click on the Restart option.
- When your system boots up then you need to make a click on the “Troubleshoot” option.
- Simply search for the Advanced Option and then Startup Settings and after this, you need to click on the Restart option.
- When your computer boots up then you will see a list of several options. Then you need to click on the number key or the function key to Enable Safe Mode.
- When your computer boots up into safe mode then you need to simply try to make a login into your user account and see that you succeed or not.
- If you are successfully able to make a login into your account then simply open the start up menu and then make a click on the “Settings” option.
- Now, look for the Update and Security option and then simply Click on the Windows Update and then Advanced Options and then click on the View Your Update History.
- Now, you need to click on the “Uninstall Updated” option.
- After this, simply search and make a right click on the update which is creating an issue and then make a click on the “Uninstall” option to uninstall it. We will tell you that there are two main windows updates which are the main reason for this problem and the updates are KB3124262 and KB3135174. So, if you install any of these updates recently then uninstall them in a very quick manner. If you are not sure which update you need to uninstall then you need to uninstall the one which you install before facing this issue.
- When you uninstall the offending update successfully then simply restart your computer and in normal mode, simply check that you are able to log in into your user account or not without facing the “The Handle is Invalid Error Message“.
Also Read: Pii_email_654fbfc0ac64aec32e9c
Solution 3: Changing LocalAccountTokenFilterPolicy Register Key
Another method which helps lots of users to change the LocalAccountTokenFilterPolicy using an administrator account which doesn’t get locked out from the system. Also, it will change the registry and also it can easily get don’t by simply using the command prompt from an elevated command prompt.
- First of all, you need to simply click on the windows + S key and then simply type “command prompt” in the dialogue box and then you need to simply right click on the app and after this simply select the Run as Administrator option.
- When the command prompt windows gets option then simply run this code
Reg add HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Cu
- Now, you need to simply restart your computer and then simply check out the problem that it gets solved or not.
Also Read: Remove Noad Variance TV Adware on PC
Solution 4: Removing and Re-Adding to Domain
If the above-given methods are not helpful for you to fix the handle is invalid windows 7 error then you can also use this method as well. In this method, you can simply ask your administrator or to the network personnel to remove you from the domain and then simply add you back in. When you are removed from the domain then you will see the changes in the latest logging system. When you get added back then the whole process has been re-initialized and then you can easily be able to make a login again.
So, these are the only methods which you can try if you are logged in to a domain instead or using your personal computer. Also, you need to make sure that you have to restart the computer before making a login again in your system.