There are lots of users who said that when they are trying to connect the internet with the U0verse modem then they start facing an error which is “Gateway Authentication Failure Error“. People try lots of methods to fix this error and to access the internet properly but they can’t be able to get a better solution which helps them to get rid of this problem.
If you are one of them who is facing this problem then you don’t need to worry about it. Today, in this article we are going to tell you about some of the best solutions and methods which help you to fix this error very quickly. What you need to do is, simply read this article till the end and understand all the best and possible methods to fix this at&t service light red error easily.
Why Gateway Authentication Failure Error Takes Place?
Sometimes, we will see lots of issues with the internet and one of the major issues is the default gateway is not available. Apart from that people also face issues like 502 bad gateway and so on. The gateway authentication failure error is one of the most common errors and mostly this error takes place when you are connecting your U-verse modem with the internet.
Also, this error shows that there is a problem with the attlocal configuration of uverse red x settings.
Why does the att Gateway authentication failure error occur? The main reason behind this att error message is some of the launch configurations which was built up by the router due to which loading time gets increased. If due to a sudden shutdown, the configuration setting gets corrupted then it will block the router to connect with the server or the internet.
So, as of now, we think that you understand the reason why gateway authentication failure at&t gateway authentication failure error occurs. If yes then move forward and let’s try to understand the possible methods to fix this error.
Solution 1: Check the Network Connection
As per the report, there are several users who are facing the att Uverse Gateway authentication failure error when they clean the wires and unplug their modem. In this situation, we are required to check that the connection is loose or not and the cable was plugged or unplugged. Also, you can try to remove all the units of battery, surge protectors, and other equipment as well and try to make a direct connection to fix att uverse troubleshoot.
Solution 2: Perform a Power Cycle for Your Router
As we told you earlier that one of the common reasons behind the Gateway Authentication Failure error is the corrupt internet cache built-up by the router. In the process to fix this error, users are required to delete all their internet cache by doing the power cycling of their internet router. Below is the step by step process to fix att uverse internet not working issue.
- First of all, you need to unplug your internet router from the power socket.
- Now, you need to hold the power button which appears on the backside of the router for 15 seconds and then waits till your router gets turned off.
- Then, you need to wait for 5 minutes and then simply plug the router again in the power socket and then simply press the power button to restart the router in the process to fix at&t wifi gateway issue.
After doing this, simply check that the at Gateway authentication failure issue still takes place or gets fixed.
Also Read: Connected to WiFi but No Internet
Solution 3: Reset the Current Modem Configurations
As earlier, we shared the best methods to fix this uverse gateway authentication failure error but if due to some issue, those methods was not helpful for you to get rid of this problem then you can also try to reset the current modem configurations by simply making a click on the Reset button which appeared at the backside of the modem if your att uverse wifi not working properly.
Below are the two methods which helps you to know how to reset att router and helps you to reset at&t modem by the browser or by the router setting page.
Reset att Router Through a Browser:
- You need to simply open the web browser like Mozilla, Chrome, etc, and then you need to type 192.168.1.254 in the search bar and then simply make a click on the Enter button.
- Then, you need to Log in by using your login credentials and then simply search for the setting tab.
- Now, you need to select the Diagnostics option and then make a click on the Reset button.
- Now, you need to simply select the Reset to Factory Default State option and then simply wait for a few seconds for the completion of the process to reset your u verse router.
When the modem gets reset then you need to check that the att uverse Gateway authentication failure att problem gets solved or still exists.
Reset Through a Router:
You can also reset the modem configuration with the help of your router. Below in the complete process of how to reset att uverse router.
- First of all, you need to be ready with a pin and then simply go to the backside of your router.
- Then, you need to insert that pin into the reset hole at the backside.
- Simply press the reset button for at least 20 seconds.
Now, you need to wait till the router gets reset and build a connection with the servers again.
Also Read: DHCP Lookup Failed in Chromebook
Solution 4: Use myAT&T App for Troubleshooting
If you are still facing this at&t gateway authentication failure att error then you can simply troubleshoot the problem. AT&T comes up with a myAT&T mobile application which helps the users to find out the gateway authentication error issue and fix it quickly without taking help from the customer support team.
This att uverse service light red application tests your services and provides you some of the on-screen instructions which you need to follow to fix the at&t gateway authentication failure issue.
Solution 5: Enable Dual-band on Your Router
You need to know that the dual-band routers are those which help you to get the best performance as compared to a single band by providing you two simultaneous wireless signals at 2.4GHz and 5GHz. You can easily fix the att uverse problem by using the below-given steps.
If you face the at&t authentication problem then it may be possible that your dual-band mode was disabled and you need to enable it. If you don’t know the process then follow the below-given steps properly.
- First of all, you need to make a click on the search button which appears in the taskbar, and then you need to type the command prompt.
- Now, you need to type the below-given command in the window and then simply make a click on the Enter button.
- Simply scroll down and then you will see a set of the default gateway under the Ethernet or Wi-Fi section.
- Simply copy the IP address of the router’s default gateway and then paste it in the search bar of the browser which will open the internet setting.
- On the left side of the menu, you need to make a click on the wireless option and then you need to select the Advanced option.
- Simply search for the Band which appears on the right side of the windows and then simply set it to the 5 GHz.
- Now, you need to apply the changes which you made and then simply wait for a few minutes.
- After this, simply restart your router to ensure that it is using the new settings.
Also Read: WiseView for PC
Solution 6: Switch to Google’s DNS
Google provides a Domain Name server to its users which are also known as the DNS. If you are still facing at&t u verse gateway authentication failure then you can get rid of this error by simply modifying your DNS to the Google DNS with the help of the below-given guide.
- First of all, you need to make a click on the search bar and then open the control panel of your device.
- Then, you need to open the Network and Internet option.
- After this, you need to search and select the Network and Sharing Center.
- Then on the left side, you need to select the option of Change Adapter Settings.
- Now, make a right-click on the internet, and then you will get connected to the Properties option.
- After this, you need to select the option of Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and then make a click on the properties option.
- Now, you need to check the button to use the following DNS server addresses to fix authentication error wifi.
- Then, you need to set the preferred DNS and Alternate DNS as 126.96.36.199 and 188.8.131.52. Respectively.
- Simply apply the setting and then simply check that the wifi authentication failure issue gets fixed or still exists.
Also Read: 0x89231906
Solution 7: Run System Set-Up Wizard on AT&T
You need to know that the Router System Setup wizard is also known at the GUI which helps the users to take out the difficult tasks of their router. If you are still facing that att gateway authentication failure error message then you need to proceed to the system setup wizard and then simply follow the instructions which appear on your display to find out the error. Simply follow the below-given steps carefully.
- First of all, you need to make a click on the search button of your taskbar and then you need to type the command prompt.
- Then, in the command prompt window, you need to enter the below-given command.
- Then, you need to scroll down till you see the settings by default Gateway under the Ethernet or Wi-Fi.
- You need to copy the Default Gateway IP address and then simply paste it into the search bar of your browser which will open your internet settings.
- On the right bottom side of your windows, you need to search and click on the Run System set-up wizard.
- Then, you need to enter the password and then make a click on the Submit button.
- After this, simply follow the on-screen instructions until you will see the PPP Authentication. You need to enter your credentials and then make a click on the Next button.
- After entering all the details, if you are still facing that error message or no PPP log-in service found message then you need to make a contact with AT&T support and then ask for the solution to them by telling them the problem.
Also Read: pii_email_654fbfc0ac64aec32e9c
Solution 8: Manually Register Your Device with the Network
It may be possible that your router is not able to register the device network automatically. So, in this case, you need to open the internet setting and then simply add the device in the network manually with the help of the below-given steps and then check that the gateway authentication error exists or not.
- First of all, you need to open the search bar and then type Command Prompt.
- Then, you need to type the below-given command in the prompt window and then make a click on the enter button.
- Simply scroll down until you see the Default Gateway under the Ethernet or Wi-Fi.
- Now, you need to simply copy and paste the Default Gateway IP address in your browser search bar, and then it will open the Internet settings.
- Then you need to simply search and click on the option of WPS and then simply select the option of Add device.
- Also, here you need to enter the PIN code of your device so that it will get connected manually.
- Then, you need to enter the PIN and then simply apply the settings simply.
Also Read: ProstoPleer
Solution 9: Contact Customer Support
If the above-given methods are not helpful for you and if you are still facing the error message then you can simply make a contact with customer support. It may be possible that the MAC address of your network device is not authorized. You just simply need to make a call to the ISp and then tell them your problem.
They will definitely help you by providing you the best solution or either they will send an engineer at your location who will find out the exact problem and fix that problem so that you will never face that error message again in the future.
Hopefully, we have shared all the possible methods to fix gateway authentication failure error messages. If this article is helpful for you to get rid of this error then simply share this article with others and also let us know by dropping a comment below.
Also, if you are facing any type of difficulty while following these methods then you can simply connect with them by dropping your query in the below-given comment section. We assure you to solve all your issues and queries as soon as possible.