There are lots of users who are facing “the disk you inserted was not readable by this computer” error at the time when they connect their external drive to their system. Also, some of the users say that they face this error when they connect any of the USB devices to their system and some of the users say that the prompt window only shows the one drive only. Several times, this issue takes place in the MacOS High Sierra.
So, if you are one of them who is facing this error then you don’t need to worry about it as here in this article, we are going to tell you some of the best methods which help you to fix this error in a very easy and simple manner. So, simply have a look at this article and read it very carefully so that you will get to know all the best methods to get rid of this the disk you inserted was not readable by this computer sd card error.
Reason Behind the Disk to be Non-Readable?
As when we get this error then we start researching on that for the reason behind this error and study many reports and the repair strategies which were helpful to fix this error. As per the information which we gather. We find that there are lots of common scenario which may create this error message which was as follows:
- Disk Failure: It may be that your device USB or drive interface gets failed. So, in this case, we suggest you to follow a data recovery solution to fix this error.
- The Disk is Unformatted: Also, this error may also occur because the disk which you insert was formatted or its file system was not supported by the Mac OS.
- WD Software Bug: It may be that this error takes place due to the WD hard drive because sometimes, the table of the contents of the VCD which gets corrupted by another bus reset.
- The Disk is Not Formatted to a Supported MAC OS X Format: If previously you use the same external device in the windows computer then there are more chances that it is a formatted file system format which was unsupported by the Mac system.
Also Read: Pii_Email_654fbfc0ac64aec32e9c
Method 1: Eliminating the Possibility of a Faulty External Drive (If applicable)
If you don’t want to use various methods to fix this error then we suggest you simply make sure that your drive is not faulty.
To get to know that your drive is not faulty then you can simply check it by plugging a different external hard drive into your Mac. You can simply use anything like an external drive or flash drive to ensure that the second drive is having the same file which was showing
If you don’t face the same error by using another drive and that drive appears in the Finder app then the problem does not occur because of your MAC. Also, it may be that you are getting this the disk you inserted was not readable by this computer mac error due to any other external drive error.
Also Read: Connected to WiFi But No Internet
Method 2: Repairing the Unreadable Drive with Disk Utility
If you are still facing this error when you insert any of the USB drive or external drive or also the SD card into your Mac computer then you are required to repair it by simply using the Disk utility. We don’t ensure that it will work definitely but for some of the users who face this the disk you inserted was not readable by this computer. mac says that it will work for them to get rid of this error.
Below is the process which you need to follow:
- When you see the initial prompt then you need to make a click on the Ignore option to dismiss it.
- When the error gets disappeared then you need to make a click on the Launchpad and then you need to simply search for the “disk” and after this you need to make a click on the “Disk Utility” option.
- In the “Disk Utility” option, you need to simply select the disk which is showing this error and then you need to make a click on the “First Aid” button from the top menu.
- Now, you need to simply wait for the completion of the process. If you see a successful message then you need to restart your system, and check that the disk was available or not.
Also Read: DHCP Lookup Failed in Chromebook
Method 3: Reformatting to Fat32
One of the common reasons behind this error of “the disk you inserted was not readable by this computer” error is because that the file system is formatted in NTFS.
There are lots of users who are facing the disk you inserted was not readable by this computer. error message with the external drives formatted with the NTFS format because OS X doesn’t work with the NTFS. So, in this case, you can simply fix this error by simply converting the file system into the format to FAT32.
This is one of the common situations if you don’t use the external drive on the previous windows system.
If you are ready to follow the process then simply follow the below-given steps to re-format the disk which is showing “the disk you inserted was not readable by this computer” error FAT32.
- When the error message disappears or gets dismissed then you need to make a click on the Launchpad and then simply search for the disk and after this, you need to make a click on the option of Disk Utility.
- In the disk utility, you need to select the drive which was showing this error and then make a click on the option of Partition from the below-given bar. Then, you need to select the number of partitions which you want by using the Partition drop down menu and then simply make a click on the option of Format.
- To confirm the process, you need to simply make a click on the Apply and then you need to make a click on the Partition option to start the process.
- Now, you need to wait for the completion of the process and when it gets completed then simply check that the drive was invisible or not.
If your drive is not showing and you are still facing this error message then you can also try to follow the other method which we are sharing below.
Also Read: Wiseview for PC
Method 4: Resolving the MacOS High Sierra – Clover Bootloader Bug (If Applicable)
If you are still facing the disk you inserted was not readable by this computer error at the time when you are using Hackintosh MacOS 10.13 x High Sierra coupled along with the Clover Bootloader then you are dealing with one of the big and popular error which was faced by several users as well.
There are lots of users who are using the Mac version and they said that they fix this error by simply applying a patch capable of resolving the bug. You need to keep one thing in your mind that this method was introduced by the developer and not associated with the apple.
Follow the below-given steps to fix this the disk you inserted was not readable by this computer error quickly.
- First of all, you need to download the patch by using this link.
- When the patch gets downloaded then you need to open the finder app and then simply search for the following location: MacOS > System > Extensions. When you get there then simply drag and drop the .kext file which was available in the extension folder of the Patch folder.
- When you replace the extensions then you need to use the search function to find and then simply open the Terminal app.
- In the terminal app, you need to run the following command.
- When you run this command successfully then you need to restart your system and check that the issue gets fixed or still exists.
Also Read: 0x89231906
If the above-given methods are helpful for you and help you to fix The disk you inserted was not readable by this computer error then share this article with your friends and also let us know by dropping a comment below.