There are lots of users who are facing “An error occurred. Please try again later. Playback ID” when they play a video on YouTube. Many times, this issue takes place in all the videos, and the users who face this issue say and report that this error occurs with many videos. This error doesn’t take place in some of the windows version or browser. We try to find and find that this error takes place on Windows versions of 7 to 10 and also in the browsers like 3rd parties such as Chrome, Firefox, and also in Opera as well.
What is Causing the ‘Youtube an Error Occurred Playback ID’ Error?
We do lots of research and read lots of reports related to this error and find many repair methods which help to fix this “An error occurred. Please try again later. Playback ID” error. As per our research, there are lots of ways which may create this error.
- Corrupted Browser Files: You need to know that this error may take place due to some of the missing or the corrupted files of the browser. Also, it may happen due to some bad cached files. In this case, you are required to simply reinstall that browser and look for the issue again.
- Badly Cached DNS Data: This YouTube Error also takes place if your DNS resolver is having the cache data which will interface your outgoing data connection. When you clear your DNS cache then you are able to resolve your issues of this particular error.
- The Network Connection has been Modified: This YouTube error may also take place with your Dynamic IP connections. So, in this case, you are required to restart your router or your modem and allow your network to configure by simply refreshing by itself.
- The Automatic DNS is Causing the Issue: In some of the cases, this issue takes place due to automatic DNS which was assigned by the ISP. You can simply fix this issue by using Google’s Public DNS for your internet connection.
If you are facing issues while fixing this error then you don’t need to worry about it at all because with the help of this article, you can easily be able to fix this error very quickly. By using the below-given methods, you can easily be able to fix “YouTube an Error Occurred Playback ID” error.
If you really want to fix this error then you are required to follow the below given methods which we are writing below. You can find any of the best methods by using the below given methods to fix this error and get rid of this problem.
Also Read: Skyslope Login
Method 1: Reinstalling Your Browser
If “An Error Occurred. Please try again later. Playback ID” error takes place with only the particular 3rd party web browser then you just simply need to reinstall that software or browser. You can also fix that issue by simply using another web browser but you must try this method so that you don’t need to use another method.
Also, you can simply try to clear the cache of your browser so that you will create a new profile but these steps are applicable for every version of the browser. One of the best ways is to simply reinstall your browser. By doing this, it will force your OS to delete any of the corrupted cache data which was saved locally. Some of the users who are facing this error say that this method helps them to fix this error quickly.
Below we are going to tell you the process to reinstall your browser in process to resolve the “An error occurred. Please try again later. Playback ID” error.
- First of all, you need to click on the Windows Key + R so that you can open the Run dialog box. After this, you need to type “appwiz.cpl” and then click on the Enter button so that it will open the Programs and Features windows.
- In the Programs and features window, you need to simply scroll down to find out the browser which is creating the “An error occurred. Please try again later. Playback ID” error.
- When you find it out, then simply make a right click on it and then simply select the Uninstall option.
- Now, you need to follow the instructions that appear on the display to remove that browser. If you were asked to remove cached data or the user preferences then you need to click on the appropriate option to confirm it.
- When your browser gets uninstalled then you need to simply restart your computer.
- Now, you need to open the Internet Explorer to install another web browser and simply download and install it in your system.
- Simply open the installation executable and then simply follow the on-screen instructions to reinstall the web browser.
- Simply open your installed browser and then try to open any of the YouTube Video and check that error still takes place or gets fixed.
If you are still facing that error then simply follow the other method which we are sharing below.
Also Read: Dashboard Anywhere
Method 2: Restarting Your Router/Modem
Lots of users said that they are able to fix this youtube playback error by simply restarting their router or modem. By doing this, it will be able to create the connection again and it will be helpful to resolve the issue.
Most routers have a power button and you just simply need to click on the power button to turn it off and then simply wait for a few seconds and then press it again to turn it on. Also, you can be able to disconnect the power cable for a few seconds to fix the issue. You need to make sure to not to press the reset button because if you press it then it will create problems for you.
When you restart your modem then you need to wait for the connection to be recreated and after doing this, you need to simply open the YouTube page which was creating the issue previously and check that the youtube error playback id issue has been fixed or not.
If you are still facing the problem and facing the same error then simply check out the other below-given methods to fix this youtube error.
Also Read: Remove Noad Variance TV Adware on PC
Method 3: Flushing the DNS Cache
If you are facing a browser related issue then flushing your DNS cache helps you to fix this an error occurred message. Lots of the users said that this error doesn’t appear on the YouTube videos after they flushed the DNS Resolver Cache. This is one of the effective fixing methods when you face an error occurred please try again later youtube message in all the browsers.
Most of the users said that they can be able to fix playback error youtube issues by simply following the below-given steps. Simply go through the below-given steps to know the methods to fix an error occurred youtube error.
- First of all, you need to click on the Windows Key + R key to open the dialogue box. After this, you need to type “cmd” and then simply click on the ctrl + shift + Enter by which you can be able to open the elevated command prompt. If prompted by the UAC then you need to click on the yes button to give permission to the administrative privileges..
- Now, in the elevated command prompt, you need to type ipconfig/flushdns command and then simply click on the Enter button so that you can flush your DNS cache.
- After receiving the confirmation message, you need to open a Youtube video which was showing the “An error occurred. Please try again later. Playback ID” error and then check out that the issue gets fixed or still takes place.
If you are still facing this error then simply follow the other method which we are sharing below.
Also Read: pii_email_654fbfc0ac64aec32e9c Error
Method 4: Changing Your DNS Google’s Public DNS
You need to know that the IPs will set your DNS automatically by using the Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol. Some of the affected users find that changing the DNS from default to google public DNS will manage to fix the YouTube Playback ID error issue easily.
But, if you want to do this then you are required to change the DNS setting from your operating system so that you can use the Google Public IP addresses. Also the process to do this is dependent upon the version of your windows.
Here is the process of how to change your current DNS to Google’s Public domain name server in the process to fix the “An error occurred. Please try again later. Playback ID” error.
- First of all, you need to press the Windows Key + R to open the Run dialog box. After this, you need to type, “ncpa.cpl” and then click on the enter button by which it will open the Network Connection windows.
- Now, you need to select the connection which you want to configure that Google public DNS for. If you are willing to do this for your wireless network then you are required to make a right-click on the Wi-Fi and then simply select the Properties option. If you want to do this with your ethernet connection then simply right click on the Ethernet instead.
- On the Wi-Fi screen, you need to open the Networking tab and then simply open the setting box which comes under This connection uses the following items. Now, you need to simply select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and then simply click on the Properties option.
- Now, in the Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) Properties, you are required to open the General tab and then simply select the toggle which was associated with Use the following DNS server address and then you need to replace the Preferred DNS Server and then the Alternate DNS Server by using the following values.
- Now, you need to save the changes and then simply repeat the 3rd step and 4th as well along with the Internet Protocol Version 6(TCP/IPv6) but, at this time you are required to use the values for the Preferred DNS server and also for the Alternate DNS server as well.
- After this, simply restart the network connection and when your connection gets restarted then simply open your web browser and start loading a YouTube Video and check that the youtube an error occurred chrome gets fixed or not.
Also Read: ox89231906
Method 5: Doing a System Restore
If that issue still exists that it may take place due to a bad codec that was installed in your system recently. It’s not easy to find out the software which was installed first. There is a situation where we only have to system restore wizard to revert the machine where it starts functioning normally.
There are lots of users who were looking for a solution to fix “An error occurred. Please try again later. Playback ID” error to fix it by using the system restore method.
Below, i am sharing a quick guide to do this:
- First of all, you need to click on the windows Key + R by which it will open the run dialog box. After this, you need to type “rstrui” and then click on the enter button by which it will open the system restore wizard.
- In the System Restore wizard, you are required to click on the Next button which appears at the first screen.
- Then in the next screen, you are required to check for a box which was associated with the Show more restore points. Simply select a system restore point which was dated before you start facing this error. Now, make a click on the Next button.
- Now, click on the Finish button and then you need to click on the Yes button to confirm the prompt by which it will start the process of restoring. Now, your computer will get restart and the older start will begin the next startup.
Solution 6: Switching Accounts
In some of the cases, this issue is not with the browser or with the computer. This error took place due to the Google Account which was used by the user to sign in into the Chrome. So, in this step, we are going to switch the Google Account to process to fix this error. So, follow these steps carefully.
- First of all, you need to open your web browser in a new tab.
- Then, you are required to make a click on the option of “Account”.
- Now, you need to click on the “Add Another Account” option and then you are required to simply follow the prompt which appears on the display to add a new account in the browser.
- When you add a new account successfully then you need to simply open YouTube by using the same account and simply check that the issue gets fixed or still takes place.
- If it doesn’t get fixed then you need to click on the “AutoPlay” option to disable it and then try again enabling it.
- This process will help you to fix this issue.
Solution 7: Toggling Shields on Brave Browser
In the Brave browser, you will see an option of “Shield” on every site which is one of the protective features of the web browser. Simply turn that button off and then turn it on again and then check if that issue gets fixed or not.
Also Read: The Handle is Invalid
Solution 8: Disabling Extensions
In some of the caes, there are some extensions which may prevent you from some functioning of YouTube because of this error. So, in this step, we are required to disable all these extensions and also we suggest you to disable all the ad blocking softwares before this process:
- First of all, open Google Chrome and then click on the “Three dots” which appears at the top right side.
- Now, click on the option of “More Tools” and then simply select the option of “Extensions” in that list.
- Now, you need to click on the “Toggle” by which you are able to disable all the unwanted extensions and especially the “Iridium”, “Improve YouTube”, “h264” and also the “ad blocking/VPN” extension.
- After this, you need to check that the issue still exists after disabling these extensions.
- If you want to use the Adblock then you need to add this exception to allow YouTube and Reddit as well.
Solution 9: Using Incognito Mode
In some of the other situations, you can fix this error by simply using the incognito or private browsing mode in your web browser. When you disable some of the tracking features in this browser then it will work really great.
Solution 10: Whitelisting Site in Adblock
It may be possible that the adBlock which you are using to prevent ads from loading while you are accessing YouTube are because of doing this, the certain error takes place. So, we suggest you to whitelist YouTube in Your Adblock by which you can easily be able to get rid of this error.
Also Read: Wiseview for PC
So, finally, we have shared some of the best methods to fix An error occurred ‘try again playback ID on YouTube. So, if this article is helpful for you and helps you to fix this error then simply let us know by dropping a comment below. Also, please share this article with others so that the other people also get to know the information about how to get rid of this error by just following a few steps.